We have made a few tweaks to of our popular rear wheel carrier and we have also made a left-hand and a right-hand version giving you the flexibility to choose which side you wish to install it.
Our custom made rear wheel carrier for VW T5 / T6 Transporters can be installed on barn doors or tailgate and is curved to match the van.
It comes with 4 x standard 14mm wheel bolt holes and 1 x hole designed to take the VW spare wheel locking bolt.
- Powder coated matt black.
- Kit includes, carrier, 4 x M10 bolts, nyloc nuts, spreader plates and nut caps.
- Works with rear tow bar mounted bike carriers.
- Works with rear wipers.
- Max. wheel weight 33KG.
- You will need upgraded tailgate struts.
We would recommend fitting the RH version to barn door vans as this door is used less.
Heavy Duty Tailgate Struts
If you are fitting a spare wheel carrier or storage boxes to the tailgate of your T6 then you are going to need some heavy duty strut to keep it from crashing down on your noggin.
Designed and manufacture by us here at UB HQ these stainless steel brackets have altered geometry to give the struts more leverage requiring less power to keep the door safely held up.
- 2 x Adjustable 14mm heavy duty gas struts – pre-gassed to 2500NM which can be adjusted to the correct pressure required by releasing gas via a grub screw.
- Top and bottom brackets.
- Fixing kit – stainless rivets and screws.
- Clevis pins and clips.
We do not take any responsibility for damaged caused to doors due to misuse or accidental damage caused by wind.